Nou Koncept believes that your “body image should say who you are without speaking”
“When a person looks good what this really means is that they look authoritative, powerful, rich, responsible, reliable, friendly, masculine or any other trait which is meaningful to us and meets our approval”
It is without question then, if you agree, that your body image should say that you are a person of authority, power or wealth. Or perhaps your body image says you are responsible, reliable or friendly. Either way whatever message you want to send out remember to dress in a way that sends that message across.
What do the clothes you were at work say about you? Are you dressing right for the job that you have or are you dressing to be noticed, for the right job?
JT Molloy, America’s first wardrobe engineer, submitted written questions to top executives or major corporations about the importance of dress.
Here is 8 reasons for the importance of dress at work:
1. You have a much better chance of getting ahead at work if you know how to dress for work
2. Employee dress affects the general tone of the office.
3. Employee dress affects efficiency.
4. Promotion can be held-up for an employee who didn’t dress properly.
5. Companies do turn down people who show up at job interviews improperly dressed on that basis alone.
6. Executives would not take on a young employee as an assistant who didn’t know how to dress.
7. Executives believe there should be a book that explains to a men and women how to dress.
8. Executives believe that there should be a book that tells people especially in business on how to dress.
9. Executives believe Nou Koncept is on track with assisting both men and women in body image (okay no.9 was made up just for laughs)
Please do share what motivates your dress /body image for work, and how you think others perceive what you wear? Please feel free to SHARE this post with your friends.